Representative office is one choice for your first step. However, representative offices can not sales activities.
- Representative office are allowed to following activities:
- Provide information to parent company in your home country
- Advertising and publicity
- Market research
If you want to open the representative office, following procedures are required
- Establish a representative office.
- Acquire a certificate of status of residence from the Ministry of Justice’s immigration bureau.
- Submit certificate of status of residence to Japanese consulate in representative’s home country, Japanese consulate issues visa.
- After entering Japan, the representative decide place of residence and preforms alien registration procedures.
- Open bank account (in case of representative office, only a personal account can be opened).
- Register employee information with labor standards inspection office and tax office (wage payment related information).