In contrast to Mitsubishi group (they concentrate into team power rather than each individual’s power), Mitsui is called “Mitsui as human power”. Mitsui’s mother was “Echigoya” which was selling Japanese Kimono (traditional wear) since 1673. During world war II, it was a strongest family-run conglomerate．Now group company are united by “Nimoku Kai”(二木会) and 26 companies are joining in the “Nimoku kai” – mark with “*”.
Three major companies
anies in Mitsui Group are;
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- MITSUI & CO., LTD.*
- Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.*
Distribution, 1 company is joining;
- Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings Ltd.*
Financial group, 6 companiese are joining;
- Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company, Limited*
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings, Inc.*
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc.*
- MITSUI LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED*
- Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Company, Limited
- J A MItSUI LEASING, LTD.
In materials, metals, two companies are joining;
- MITSUI MINING & SMELTING CO.,LTD. (Mitsui Kinzoku)*
- TAIHEIYO CEMENT CORPORATION*
In transportation, construction, real-estate, four companies are joining;
- SANKI ENGINEERING CO.,LTD.*
- Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd.*
- Sumitomo Mitsui Construction Co., Ltd.*
- MITSUI-SOKO Co., Ltd.*
In electronics, transmission devices three, companies are joining;
- TOSHIBA CORPORATION*
- FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation*
- The Japan Steel Works, LTD.*
In paper, pulp industry and fiber, three companies are joining;
- Oji Holdings Corporation*
- TORAY INDUSTRIES INC.*
- NIPPON PAPER INDUSTRIES CO., LTD.*
In Oil, Chemistry and Energy, four companies are joining;
- IHI Corporation<*/li>
- Denka Company Limited*
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.*
- Toyo Engineering Corporation
In transportation equipment, three companies are joining;
- Toyota Motor Corporation*
- Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding Co.,ltd.*
- Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd.
In information technology, foods, service and others, 6 companies are joining;
- AIM SERVICES CO., LTD.
- SAPPORO BREWERS LTD.
- SHIN NIPPON AIR TECHNOLOGIES Co., LTD.
- Nihon Unisys, Ltd.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Holdings, Inc.*
- NIPPON FLOUR MILLS CO., Ltd.*